This advice was released on 3 July 2020, and appears in full on the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment website.
2020-43 – Plant Export Operations – Update of the Registered Establishment audit policy
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise plant export registered establishments of amendments made to the Guideline: Audit of plant export registered establishments.
Summary of changes and key points
Following the release of the Guideline: Audit of plant export registered establishments in December 2019, some changes were required to make the policy clearer for auditors and industry. These changes are effective immediately and include:
- setting an upper limit on the maximum number of minor corrective action requests (CARs) an establishment can have before the audit result is ‘fail’
- for new establishments, an audit will be required within 6 months of being approved
- clarity on when an audit will be full scope or partial scope
- defining the baseline requirements for establishments as the ‘core’ performance standards
- amending the Reference: Performance standards for plant export registered establishments to reflect the ‘core’ performance standards terminology
- clarity on when audit reports are issued in relation to the issuance of CARs or advisory findings.
Click here to read the full release and for further information: 2020-43 – Plant Export Operations – Update of the Registered Establishment audit policy